Anticipation and excitement are an obvious set of feelings as the world welcomes the highly awaited World Expo 2020. The expo is especially the event of the decade. It is a significant occasion for the people of Dubai as the futuristic city takes up the massive job of hosting the grand Expo 2020 Dubai. A rough 25 million people have been expected to visit just for the expo and to witness the grandiose and visions brought to life by the United Arab Emirates.
CouponCodesME invites you to get your tickets to the World Expo 2020 right from TicketsToDo. We are here to guide you and bring you all the information you need on the World Expo 2020. So what are you waiting for join us now to explore the beautiful here at !
What is a World Expo?
A World Expo is one of the biggest events in the world hosted every five years for a period of 6 months. It invites every country to demonstrate and share its achievements and the best that they have to offer. World Expos pave the path for future development and progress as countries share ideas and demonstrate innovation. It’s the greatest celebrating ideas and craftmanship.
World Expo history
Henry Cole organized the first -The Great Exhibition in London in 1851. It was the first time when many nations were invited to participate and showcase their talent, craftsmanship, and exchange ideas. Essentially, this idea of getting diverse minds together was a huge success. Since then, each year a new hosts the and is named after the capital of that . Moreover, it’s the first time that the is hosted in the , Africa, and . Allowing the tourists to explore the !
What is World Expo 2020?
The Dubai World Expo 2020 is the most significant event for the Arab nation. The Bureau International des Expositions awarded Dubai as the host on November 27, 2013, and marked the first Gulf nation to participate as the host. The event is expected to be the way to a sustainable future. It was originally scheduled for 20 October 2020 – 10 April 2021. However, the World Expo Dubai dates were shifted to 1 October 2021 – 31 March 2022 due to the Covid 19 pandemic.
Who regulates and organizes the World Expos
The Bureau International des Expositions (BIE) is the intergovernmental organization embodying the commitment of its 169 to lead, promote and foster International Exhibitions for the benefit of the citizens of the international community. The officially known as International Registered Exhibitions, Specialised Expos, Horticultural Expos, and the Triennale di Milano. oversee four types of International Exhibitions: The
Themes & Mascots of World Expo 2020
World Expo 2020 is a milestone for the UAE as it is the first time for the Middle Eastern region to host it. There are a total of 192 countries participating and millions of people awaiting it. The World Expo 2020 stands with the theme ‘Connecting minds, Creating the future. Further, there are three sub-themes— opportunity, mobility, and social connectivity. There are themed pavilions based on these sub-themes. As of now, 34 pavilions from various countries have already been revealed as they foster creativity, innovation, and collaboration on a global level.
The three pavilions are:
- Alif- The Mobility Pavilion
- Opti- The Opportunity Pavilion
- Terra- The Sustainability Pavilion
Like any other international event, Expo 2020 has relevant mascots to represent the theme. The World Expo 2020 has two faces as unveiled at an event attended by His Highness Shaikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and the ruler of Dubai. The mascots feature two kids, an eight-year-old Emirati kid Latifa and her nine-year-old brother Rashid. Learn more about the mascots of the World Expo 2020 and dig further into the Expo 2020.
Related Articles: Dubai will still be at its best in the post pandemic world.
World Expo 2020: When and Where?
The mega international event to be hosted by Dubai from 1 October 2021- 10 April 2021 will be held in the Dubai South District. What’s better is that it is within easy reach of Dubai International Airport, Abu Dhabi Cruise Terminals, and Abu Dhabi International Airport. Also, the Expo site expands across 4.38 square kilometers and is expected to have its own metro station capable of transporting 36,000 passengers per hour to and from the site.
Importance of the Dubai Expo
The Expo 2021 is a celebration of the UAE vision 2021. It supports the growth of tourism and aims to enhance the country’s location as a place to conduct business. Furthermore, the Expo will be the breakthrough of the UAE in becoming an epitome of a visionary country. The World Expo 2020 lays more focus and targets the youth to ensure the development of conscious and progressive citizens of tomorrow.
World Expo 2020 Highlights
The World’s Greatest Show is opening its doors. There is a lot to see and experience in the first-ever World Expo in the . Its all-white pavilion lays the perfect canvas to show off innovation and progress.
Are you all set and out planning to visit Expo 2020? Here are some of the highlights you can look forward to.
For the Tech-Savvy
- The Netherlands pavilion brings indoor rainfall to the Expo 2020. This is due to their SunGlacier technology which produces water from air using solar power.
- Also, all of you tech-savvy people can find out about blockchain. The blockchain is a massive breakthrough in the world of technology. This is a chance to learn and explore in the Block expo and the World Blockchain Summit at the Dubai exhibition center from November 2 to 6, 2020.
- Explore the technology of robotics, machine learning, and more at the mobility pavilion. Take a ride in the world’s largest elevator.
- Not just that, you can also experience Multi, the first rope-less elevator. The elevator will be used for skyscrapers to move the passengers vertically as well as horizontally.
If you love your vehicles: World Expo 2020 is the place for you
- The Ukraine pavilion also introduces the future of personal mobility. The electric motorcycle will be showcased; its most important feature being that it can travel up to 380km in a single charge. So if you are a bike enthusiast, then the World Expo 2020 is just the way to go!
- The Expo will be a treat for luxury car lovers as the German state of Baden-Württemberg which is home to several famous luxury brands will have its own pavilion
Ideas beyond imagination
- Apart from being the host the will leave you wanting more with their . The National , symbolizes the ‘s history of falconry and its bold and daring spirit which transformed the desert into a global hub for eCommerce and Paving a way for a and for all!
- The situated at the is inspired by the great mind of late scientist Stephen Hawking’s final project, ‘Breakthrough Message’. Plan your visit and be part of the UK’s bold futuristic vision.
Explore the architecture and culture
- The cutting-edge architecture of the Expo will be a major highlight in itself. Indulge in structures like Al Wasl Plaza and swoon over the beauty of the lifelike visuals created on its dome by more than 250 projectors. Or watch the Republic of Korea Pavilion as it changes its shape with the use of rotating cubes. Enjoy marveling over the beautiful pavilions of various countries as Korea and the falcon-shaped structure of the UAE. The list just goes on.
- Also, you have the perfect opportunity to take in the sights of the French Riviera if you are a fan of the French culture. The polygon-shaped Monaco Pavilion is spread across multiple levels. Experience the country’s art, culture history, and innovation.
- Discover the story of Arabia and experience inventive emotional experiences at Terra-the Sustainability pavilion.
Entertainment and Food
- World Expo Dubai 2020 also brings the first opera of the UAE “Al Wasl” for music lovers. The opera will be performed in Arabic and English and will explore the Bedouin roots of the nation and its status as a modern multicultural hub.
- The World Expo 2020 is further a major attraction in terms of entertainment. Moreover, there are up to 60 live shows, sports events, flash mobs, and more to make sure you leave entertained.
- Last but not the least, the Expo will be heaven for food enthusiasts. All those who want to explore and experience the rich cuisines and flavors of the world are in for a feast.
Tickets: pricing and more
The Expo 2020 has a lot for people belonging to every age group. The World Expo Dubai 2020 tickets are easily available on TicketsToDo. Entry to the event is free for all people aged 65 and above and for children below the age of 5. A single adult ticket will cost you Dh120(USD 33), while a three days pass is Dh260(USD 71). Get your tickets now at TicketsToDo.
FAQ’s: World Expo 2020
What is the Purpose of the World Expo?
The main purpose of the World Expo is to connect nations from all over the world. It aims at figuring the most crucial issues of the world. The Expos serve as a meeting point for nations to share their achievements and to create better opportunities.
Is the World Expo 2020 canceled?
No, the World Expo 2020 has not been canceled. It will be organized from 1 October 2021- 10 April 2021 and more than 190 nations will be participating in it.
How much do the tickets cost?
The tickets are free for people of and above the age of 65 and children 5 years old and below. For the rest, the prices start from AED 60 for one day and go up to AED 1295 for a 6-month premium pass.
What is Expo 2020 Dubai?
The Expo 2020 is a vision of the UAE aimed to support the growth of tourism and innovative businesses. The Expo has the theme ‘Connecting minds, Creating the future’ and focuses on children and the youth.
Get ready to explore and enjoy Expo 2020, the biggest event especially for the people of the UAE. Furthermore, you can get your World Expo 2020 souvenirs today. So don’t wait and get your tickets today!