Ramadan 2022 is here and so are the thoughts and idea’s behind what to shop, cook and prepare for this holy month. At the end of the day, Iftar’s (evening meals) are considered to one of the best part of fasting and we at CouponCodesME are here to help you kick the overwhelm out when it comes grocery shopping, meal prepping and most importantly time-saving during this rather hectic but fulfilling schedule.
Get the best tips and hacks to make your life easier and food more tastier this Ramadan along with some great deals and offers to make those extra savings, so you can have a memorable month to cherish and remember throughout. Here are some easy steps to follow in order achieve the same:
Plan your meals ahead
It is critical to prepare your food ahead of time, whether for a weeks time or a fortnight. Make a list of the fruits and vegetables, food items, and goods you’ll need for Suhoor and Iftar. This is due to the fact that you may have less dishes during Suhoor and more delectable foods during dinnertime. Ask your family members if they require anything, and then put the list together. Discuss your dinner plan along with your family so that they can offer suggestions if you forget to include something.
To add some tips for your meal plans, always remember to shop for dry goods first, then fresh and frozen goods. This is due to the fact that the latter should not be left out of the fridge for an extended period of time. When making your Ramadan grocery list, keep your fruits and vegetables apart from any uncooked food products.
Clean your kitchen & refrigerator
The next step is to compare your shopping list to what you already have in your kitchen and refrigerator. So that you don’t bring the same items, add or remove items as needed. Make sure you don’t overspend on unneeded things, which could result in food waste.
Having a clean and well maintained kitchen and fridge brings out a sense of calm and gives you better productivity and motivation in the kitchen to prep your meals and cook them with utter precision resulting in delicious meals.
Purchase most used and important items in bulk
It could be quite tempting to purchase everything in bulk in order to cut down on shopping excursions. Keep in mind that not everything needs to be bought in bulk. There are a few goods that can be purchased in quantity.
- Rice, spices, wheat, sugar, and salt are staple foods.
- Tuna, salami, and beans come under canned food.
- Nuggets, Sausages, Beef, Fries and shellfish are all examples of frozen foods.
- Cleaning and laundry materials are household necessities.
Fruits, vegetables, and dairy products should not be purchased in large amounts because their shelf life is limited. Also, do not overfill your fridge with purchased things; only load it to the point where the items are chilly enough to stay fresh.
Besides this, what other important grocery items can be bought during Ramadan?
To keep healthy throughout Ramadan, you must eat a well-balanced diet. Here are some products to include on your Ramadan grocery list to help you plan your meals and maintain a healthy lifestyle throughout the month:
- Make sure you have lots of fresh fruit on your Ramadan shopping list. Watermelons and strawberries, for example, have a high water content and will keep you hydrated.
- Dates are a traditional way to break the Ramadan fast , and retailers in Dubai offer a variety of types.
- Fasting people can get natural plant-fruit based sugars and nutrients from fruit juices, smoothies, and milk, though it’s preferable to avoid too many liquids with added sugar.
- Make sure you collect a large number of items.
- When conducting your Ramadan food shopping in Dubai, make sure to stock up on fresh veggies and legumes. Tomatoes, carrots, eggplants, and bell peppers, for example, can help in giving you a stronger immunity power.
- During Ramadan, dry fruits like apricots, figs, and raisins, as well as almonds, supply critical nutrients and make terrific snacks.
- Whole grains like oats, brown rice, and quinoa, which are high in fiber and minerals, are also good choices during Ramadan.
Clean and disinfect the grocery after purchasing them
It’s critical to clean or disinfect your ingredients or your goods once you’ve taken them home from the shop to prevent the spread of germs and viruses.
This can be accomplished by disinfecting all the grocery cans and plastic-wrapped products with antibacterial wet wipes or sprays and any other home disinfectant that has been certified by the Dubai Municipality’s Montaji app. Coming to fruits and vegetables, make sure they are well cleaned under running water and placed in the refrigerator as soon as possible.
Make sure to do proper disposal of the bags and outer covers you used to transport your items. Finally, make sure the area where you unloaded and cleaned your groceries is disinfected.
Online grocery shopping
Preparing a shopping list and ordering from your favorite store online is a more appealing and an easier option. Data studies have shown that there has been a significant increase in internet purchases during the month of Ramadan. Making it easy, fast, time saving and convenient as well. The following are some of the internet stores where you can get your necessities:
- Noon Grocery: One of the greatest stores for ordering groceries and other essentials online. Save AED 30 and more when you shop via CouponCodesME, use code “TODAY46” to at check out to activate your deal.
- QualityFood: Get all of your pantry needs at a low price here. Organic foods, freshly squeezed juices, groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy goods, and other items are all available. Visit QualityFood on CouponCodesME to get up to 50% Off.
- Carrefour: This top hypermarket chain has an online and offline presence. It has all that you need from A to Z , from food to personal care items and much more. Use code “BN11” to get AED 15 Off on all orders via CouponCodesME
- Lulu: This supermarket chain offers a convenient shopping experience with items such as vegetables, meat, canned food, fruit and other grocery necessities and is one of the go-to supermarkets. With CouponCodesME get up to 60% Off + extra AED 15% Off, use code “BN12” at checkout to avail the offer.
That finishes our Ramadan grocery purchasing guide for 2022 in Dubai! We hope that this post will assist you in securing the finest prices and making effective plans for this wonderful month. Make some extra savings on your Ramadan shopping this season with CouponBot; a chrome extension that fetches you the best deals and discounts automatically.
Wishing you all a happy and prosperous Ramadan filled with lots of good memories and of course good food.